Friday, November 30, 2007

How I Came Up With Myfaves

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a pretty packed day which is saying a lot when you consider that I'm not only the COO of t-mobile but I also have to balance my daily diamond shopping, hanging out with charles barkley, and putting together my smashing outfits. However, yesterday was packed with relaxation. I spent most of the day in my holodeck (yes, I own a holodeck like the ones in star trek) re-living the day I created Myfaves.

Basically there were several people that I didn't want to ever call me. It's not even that I don't like talking to them. I just find their phone voices irritating. Nokes doesn't do irritation. Period. So Myfaves actually began as a way for me to set my phone to block phone calls from my five favorite people not to talk to. As with just about everything t-mobile users enjoy I wrote the preliminary code and took it to the engineers to finish up. Hey, gotta make them feel like they're part of the team or something. Well, some jezebel in marketing thought that Myfaves meant my five favorite people to talk to. Unbelievable! How dare she even think to interpret what I meant simply because I refused to leave any instructions. I looked into having her phone cloned so that we could bill her double but Barkley started blabbing about FCC rules against that kind of thing. Whatever. I finally realized that I had actually invented a great new feature for our customers and promptly gave myself a raise and doubled my stock options. Dotson, as usual agreed. He wanted to go to some crappy restaurant called lil john's and shoot a video to introduce this and "stick together" to all of our emploees. Typical. Food always has to be involved. I let him have this one though.

So that was my day. 10 hours of playing this over and over in my holodeck while sipping on chilled tears. Fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard sue helped al gore invent the internet too